Saturday, February 7, 2009

State National Bank of Denison Texas 1907 Old Antique Vintage Postcard

Visit Moody's Postcards, your source for vintage, collectible postcards!

Subscribe to Moody's Postcard Blog by Email

Last time I discussed the Yoakum Texas State Bank and mentioned the difference between State Banks and National Banks being who authorized and regulated them. Today I want to show you a couple of postcards on a Texas bank that caught my eye. The first is a circa 1915 E. C. Kropp postcard showing the State National Bank in Denison Texas and the second one is a 1907 Curt Teich view of the same bank. I could not find any information on how this name came about for this bank however I did find some information on the Big Spring State National Bank which said that it began as a state bank and then converted to a national bank so that may have been the case of the Denison State National Bank. Both of these postcards are available in my Texas listings along with 10,000 additional postcards on my website Moody's Postcards.

CATCH POSTCARD FEVER!! An investment you will not regret.

No comments: