Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Orleans Louisiana Old Antique Vintage Postcards

Visit Moody's Postcards, your source for vintage, collectible postcards!

Subscribe to Moody's Postcard Blog by Email

It has been a long time since I have been to New Orleans Louisiana so I decided to revisit them with a couple of old postcards of areas there I enjoyed. The first view is on a 1931 Curt Teich postcard and shows the bridge across Lake Pontchartrain which was the world's longest continuous concrete highway bridge at the time.

The second postcard is also a Curt Teich post card and is a 1909 multi view of four mansions in the Garden District. I have walked through this area and it is truly amazing. I would recommend that if you are ever in New Orleans to be sure and just do a walk through of this neighborhood and you can get there on one of the trolleys from downtown on Canal Street. Until then, enjoy this great old postcard view. Both of these post cards are available in my Louisiana listings along with 10,000 additional postcards on my website Moody's Postcards.

CATCH POSTCARD FEVER!! A great way to visit the Big Easy.

No comments: