Thursday, August 21, 2008

Downtown Centralia Missouri 1940s

Visit Moody's Postcards, your source for vintage, collectible postcards!

Subscribe to Moody's Postcard Blog by Email

I have found another great 1940s real photo town photo to share with you today. This one has some great old cars in it and even the light in the middle of the intersection. It appears the traffic signal, if there ever was one, has been replaced by just a normal white street light. I love these because they had them in my hometown when I was growing up and they are still there and in use today. It appears that there is a park or town square in the right foreground and I can see a railroad crossing sign on the left one or two blocks down the street. These are great postcards for collecting because they are highly sought after and are normally taken by professionals and therefore of good quality. This one can be found in my Missouri listings along with 10,000 additional postcards for sale on my website Moody's Postcards.

No comments: