Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Old Antique Vintage 1908 Postcard Hallock Minnesota

Visit Moody's Postcards, your source for vintage, collectible postcards!

Subscribe to Moody's Postcard Blog by Email

We often talk about the good old days but I'm not sure if the circa 1908 Albertype postcard below confirms or disputes that. I guess it all depends if you are the owner sitting in the buggy overseeing the work or if you are one of the hands stacking the thrashed grain. I counted at least 6 horse drawn thrashing machines, there are 15 workers on the ground and you can see cut grain as far as the eye can see. It wasn't fast but they got the job done and created a lot of jobs. This postcard can be found in my Minnesota listings along with 10,000 additional postcards on my website Moody's Postcards.

CATCH POSTCARD FEVER!! Expand your knowledge one postcard at a time.

No comments: