Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Old Antique Vintage 1908 Corpus Christi Postcard

Visit Moody's Postcards, your source for vintage, collectible postcards!

Subscribe to Moody's Postcard Blog by Email

Postcard sellers have some fairly standard terms they use when describing post cards but everybody is subject to their own peculiar words to describe the unusual traits. I would describe the postcard below as a "multi view" since it has four views on a single postcard. If it had only two views, I would use "dual view". As I started looking at this card, I saw four pictures so assumed it showed four different sights in the city of Corpus Christi Texas. But then I noticed that the top two images were of the same house even though one was titled "On the Bluff" and the other specified "Residence of J. G. Kenedy". The bottom images show the Seaside Hotel and Alta Vista Hotel also in Corpus Christi Texas. I am sure the captions are all correct but it seems odd that when the postcard was laid out that they couldn't find another residence or hotel picture to use. This is a circa 1908 C. E. Wheelock & Company postcard and it can be found in my Texas listings along with 10,000 additional postcards on my website Moody's Postcards.

CATCH POSTCARD FEVER!! Millions of images await you.

No comments: