Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Old Antique Vintage Postcard 1906 Woodward Dancing Pavilion

Visit Moody's Postcards, your source for vintage, collectible postcards!

Subscribe to Moody's Postcard Blog by Email

I have written about dancing pavilions on old vintage postcards on several occasions before but have located another one that I want to share with you. This is a circa 1906 view of Woodward's Dancing Pavilion at Paw Paw Lake in Michigan. All of the previous dancing pavilions were high and dry but this one is built out over Paw Paw Lake and is 40 x 150 feet or 6,000 square feet in size. Dancing began at 8:30 every day except Sunday and I am sure a good time was had by all. I would also bet that obesity wasn't a problem then either. This postcard can be found in my Michigan listings along with 10,000 additional postcards on my website Moody's Postcards. CATCH POSTCARD FEVER!! Your ticket to many evenings of entertainment.

No comments: