Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wright Brothers Fly Over Kewaunee Wisconsin?

Visit Moody's Postcards, your source for vintage, collectible postcards!

Subscribe to Moody's Postcard Blog by Email

This is a follow up to my 5 April blog concerning doctoring of real photo postcards in the early 1900s. I wanted to include this image but couldn't locate it then but ran across it the next day. While I'm not sure Orville or Wilbur Wright never flew Kewaunee Wisconsin, I do not believe this early biplane was caught by some lucky photographer who just happened to be taking a picture when one passed over.

Once again, this is a good job of adding something unusual the the real photo post card that was done to improve sales and catch the eye of of the sender and recipient. This is an unused postcard with an AZO 4 triangles pointing up stamp box which places the date between 1904 and 1918. This real photo postcard can be found in my Wisconsin listings along with 10,000 more great postcards on my website at Moody's Postcards.

No comments: