Friday, September 5, 2008

Old Antique Vintage Houston Missouri Real Photo Postcard

Visit Moody's Postcards, your source for vintage, collectible postcards!

Subscribe to Moody's Postcard Blog by Email

Today we are going to get in the postcard time machine and visit the "Garden Spot of the Ozarks", Houston Missouri in the early 1940s. I have highlighted several of these early real photo town views that were popular from the 1930s and into the 1950s on this blog and will continue to do so. I'm not sure if that is a threat or promise but here I go. The "Business Section" shows some great old cars and on the left side of the street I can see Blankenship's Rexall Drugs, Corlee Clothes at Leavitts, The Beauty Shoppe, Russell Market and I think that is a movie marquee on the last building. On the right is the Chevrolet dealership where they sell Sinclair HC gas, another drug store and in the distance is White's Cafe. I can also see three different Coke signs. Crystal clear detail is the attraction of real photos and with a 10 power magnifying glass you can read a lot of the store signs. Once again I encourage you to look for these postcards because they are a snapshot in time. Catch the postcard fever and you will have an exciting hobby at a modest cost that is limited only by your curiosity. Look through my previous blogs, there is a link on this page, to see hundreds of possibilities or click on the link below to my website to see thousands. This postcard is available in my Missouri listings along with more than 10,000 additional postcards on my website Moody's Postcards.

No comments: