Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pawtuxet Rhode Island Dance Hall Interior


Visit Moody's Postcards, your source for vintage, collectible postcards!
Subscribe to Moody's Postcard Blog by Email
Back in June I had an article on the High Bridge Kentucky Dance Hall so when I ran across this postcard the other day I knew I had to give you the inside view. Interior views of the early dance halls are harder to find than the exterior views and this is a nice one from Pawtuxet Village Rhode Island. You can see the entrance on the right with a concession stand.One of the signs in the center of the image says "Dancing Every Evening" and another says "Hops every Monday and Saturday nights". You can see built in benches all the way around the huge dance floor and the rafters are covered with garland and a huge variety of lights fixtures.
The message on the back to a young lady in New York NY says "This is such a lovely floor one could die dancing here. Guess we're going down Friday night." I have similar postcards on my website at Moody's Postcards.

No comments: