Sunday, March 9, 2008

Savannah Georgia Part 4 1904 vs 1956

Visit Moody's Postcards, your source for vintage, collectible postcards!

Subscribe to Moody's Postcard Blog by Email

While I was going through my Savannah Georgia postcards I ran across this circa 1904 postcard of downtown Savannah with a Cafe and Bowling Alley on the right and a billiards or pool hall and Bee Hive store on the left.

Then I ran across this 1956 Curteich post card of the same street with Biver's 5, 10 and $1.00 store and Hogan's store on the right and Rey Jewelers, Kress and the Liberty National Bank & Trust on the left. I have no idea if they picture the same section of town or not but it was an interesting contrast of the change over 52 years of time. Both of the post cards can be found in my Georgia listings on my website at Moody's Postcards.

No comments: